IGNORED

Home Built Z 'Full video build'

Home Built by Jeff

48 minutes ago, Perfect240Z said:

Wow Jeff! Way ahead of mine build. Granted I took a couple years off from losing my daughter. But also I’m teaching myself how to weld and do other things since it’s the first time I’m doing this. I’m learning a lot from watching your videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Sorry for your loss. I find it theraputic putting mine back together, besides  it takes my mind off what the future may hold for my 2. Hold them close!

20170809_073331.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Perfect240Z said:

Wow Jeff! Way ahead of mine build. Granted I took a couple years off from losing my daughter. But also I’m teaching myself how to weld and do other things since it’s the first time I’m doing this. I’m learning a lot from watching your videos.

Thanks mate. Sorry for your loss, but as esmit says, building a project is a great distraction.  

I basically taught myself along the way, and I love learning new skills. That is the great thing about YouTube. Whenever i have the next thing to tackle and I have never done it before, I just watch a few videos and give it a go. I think most people have no idea of what they are capable of if the just put their mond to it. 

• Like 1

Sorry for your loss. I find it theraputic putting mine back together, besides  it takes my mind off what the future may hold for my 2. Hold them close!
20170809_073331.thumb.jpg.97c41c280349a8356b1defa319239467.jpg

Thanks, I have since had 2 boys. So I have solely focused on them since I feel like I shouldn’t give up anytime away from them. I have started slowly back in on the Z, plus I acquired another one that just needs some maintenance to be road worthy. I think they each can have one now at least.

Thanks mate. Sorry for your loss, but as esmit says, building a project is a great distraction.  
I basically taught myself along the way, and I love learning new skills. That is the great thing about YouTube. Whenever i have the next thing to tackle and I have never done it before, I just watch a few videos and give it a go. I think most people have no idea of what they are capable of if the just put their mond to it. 

Thanks Jeff, yep it is but it was hard also on my wife so I couldn’t leave her side. But since I now have two little boys and I have gotten a second Z that I could drive. The project is back on, just slow to getting back into it.24B37062-4EE2-49CD-ADDC-10EDB2A64781.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Perfect240Z said:

Thanks Jeff, yep it is but it was hard also on my wife so I couldn’t leave her side. But since I now have two little boys and I have gotten a second Z that I could drive. The project is back on, just slow to getting back into it.24B37062-4EE2-49CD-ADDC-10EDB2A64781.jpg

I wish I had a Z to drive. In fact I have never driven one! Hopefully soon. The prices in Australia seem to be A LOT higher for old Z's than they are over there, so grabbing a couple now sounds like a good idea.

5 minutes ago, Home Built by Jeff said:

I wish I had a Z to drive. In fact I have never driven one! Hopefully soon. The prices in Australia seem to be A LOT higher for old Z's than they are over there, so grabbing a couple now sounds like a good idea.

Dear Jeff, driving a z or any other vintage sports car is an acquired taste. while mine has power windows, door locks, AC ect however its no match for any modern form of transport, it rude, its crude, its too low, the suspension is too stiff, there is no power steering, the power is not street friendly (it explodes in at 4500 rpm and does not quit) 

On a positive note....unlike driving any other form of a modern transport you will have a hard time wiping that stupid grin off your face every time you (will) drive it.

2018-05-06 16.33.34.jpg

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, tzagi1 said:

Dear Jeff, driving a z or any other vintage sports car is an acquired taste. while mine has power windows, door locks, AC ect however its no match for any modern form of transport, it rude, its crude, its too low, the suspension is too stiff, there is no power steering, the power is not street friendly (it explodes in at 4500 rpm and does not quit) 

I am with on on driving classic cars. I much prefer them. Basically all modern cars drive the same, compared to classics, where every car has it's own little quirks and personality. I have 4 classic cars from the early 70's but the only one that is on the road is my Bug, and although it is super slow, I make excuses to drive it because it is so much more fun than the new stuff.

• Like 3

Takes one to know one...there is a certain "je ne se quoi" of the "early" times of motoring. I bought my first 240z in the late 80's.....and not tired of them yet.

Next time you are in my neck of the wood.....come on down for a test drive. bring the misses along.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tzagi1 said:

On a positive note....unlike driving any other form of a modern transport you will have a hard time wiping that stupid grin off your face every time you (will) drive it.

2018-05-06 16.33.34.jpg

SEE THIS PROVES IT!............Our cars are GORGEOUS from any angle!?

• Like 1

Jeff. I've just gotten a z and she is in need of rust repair etc. I've been watching almost all your videos and love it man well done. Inspiring to learn something new in terms of body work and really dig into the car. Yours is coming along nicely and look forward to the finished product

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

• Like 1