IGNORED

Every thing was fine till the next day.

SeanT

Im not intimidated by it I already took it out and cleand the contacts, I also opened up the plate and looked inside and it all looked really clean and sprayed the whole inside down with terminal cleaner. Im just making my way down the list. If this doesnt fix the problem the module will be the next thing on the list.

I switched out the pick ups and it sill didnt fire so i when to the tests for the module and i found that it only had 11.33 volts and the battery had 12.05 or something. Ill try charging the battery and see if the voltage changes. Will the module not getting 12 volts be the problem. I took the other module out but havent put it in yet, it had two cross threaded screws so ill have to switch out the thermal block to try the other one.

12.05 at the battery and 11.33 at the module means that something is drawing current and that there is resistance on the path.  Could be a short in the module..  Not really clear where you measured at the module.  12.05 also means that your battery is almost dead.  It should be at least 12.6.

Your grandfather was probably right but it's always good to confirm.  That 260Z module is one of the very first designs, so probably probably to failure. The 260Z was the first Z to get electronic ignition.

I'm not really a survivalist but I like their chart.  http://modernsurvivalblog.com/alternative-energy/battery-state-of-charge-chart/

soc.PNG