IGNORED

280zxturbo ignition problem

mcm280turbo

I bought a 260Z that had a early 280ZX Turbo engine put in it. The car will starts and runs fine while it is cool out. Once it has had time to warm up it begins to have a miss a small miss..It now has started to stall for no reason. I let it sit and it will start fine. I have started with the basics Fuel filter, pressure regulator, coil, plugs, water temp sensor and checked and cleaned the connections at the ECU. At this point I have to believe that it is electrical that only happens once it has warmed up. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate..

The fact that it doesn't run well when it's cold or under a load could indicate a lean mixture. Might be a good idea to install a temporary fuel pressure gauge so you can cross that off your list of gremlins. When it's idling and missing, have you been able to isolate the problem to any one cylinder? How do the plugs look?

Sounds like the ignitor (transistor) on the coil is going bad I thought that was a symptom of a bad ignitor when it would get hot. Google bad 280zx turbo ignitor symptoms. 

Also check for corrosion on the round 4 way plug to the distributor.

When it won't start see if it is getting spark or not.

IMG_0137.JPG

Edited by JSM