IGNORED

'73 240-z

Kvamen

Well, it's time to show off my beast. I've had it for only a few years, most of that time spent dead or dismembered. It's back to life now and lives for the road. Engine has been overhauled with a moderate cam. '72 intake and exhaust manifolds to match '72 carbs that it came with. While the engine was out, I stripped off the fenders and rebuilt the battery box, the rot in the fenders and under the fenders. I ran out of things to take apart, so I had to paint it and put it back together. The bumpers weren't worth putting back on, so I'll be fabricating new ones.

Doug Quammen

that is a beautiful Z!!! I'm planning on painting mine black as that was the color of the one I had in 77. Mine's got chrome sidepipes on it (just like my last one),,,Man,,you talk about people looking when you go thru an intersection.!Anyway,I love the job you've done.You should be proud.

• 1 month later...

Yes, Alphadog, bumpers are good.

When I first started working on this beast, I had to do some work on the leaky gas tank hoses. It was jacked up in my driveway which has a slight downhill slope. While my back was turned, gravity (the oposite of comedy) took over and she started rolling downhill. Before I could get the door open to get my foot on the brake, the front bumper made contact with a fir tree at about four mph. It hit square on the bumper guard. Flattened the bumper guard and pushed the bumper into left light bucket, just skinning the paint.

At that point I decided that restoring the bumper was not worth the trouble. I'm currently building bumpers out of rectangular tubing. They'll look good and work better. I'll post some photos when I get it done.

Obviously, I'm not a purist. But then I didn't get this car to restore to show or sell. It's to drive, which it does in exemplary fashion.

Originally posted by Kvamen

At that point I decided that restoring the bumper was not worth the trouble. I'm currently building bumpers out of rectangular tubing. They'll look good and work better. I'll post some photos when I get it done.

Ya, I'd like to see your new bumper when you get done! Please post pictss!!!