IGNORED

neutral safety switch

sweatybetty

7 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

I can't find anything that even indicates what a neutral switch circuit would be used for.  No lights or emissions stuff shown.  I've never seen one discussed on anything but an Automatic car.  Good luck.  You could always use a closed switch to actuate a relay if you need a normally open function for something.

I am wondering if that car didn't start out life as an automatic, considering how the wiring diagram indicates the black/yellow wire for starting is interrupted in the automatic car but not the manual.

4 hours ago, Zed Head said:

You could always use a closed switch to actuate a relay

that is exactly what im trying to do, use the switch to ground the starter solenoid relay. i added a relay so the starter solenoid power is not going through the ignition switch. my problem is finding a normally closed switch. i could just delete the switch and ground the relay, but i was hoping to keep it from starting in gear.