Swap ? - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Swap ?

Featured Replies

Hey Guys,

Newbie question, I have 240Z with 2.6 liter motor with E88 Head. I have a spare F54 series short block with flattop piston, crankshaft, etc. Wanted to know if i can use the short block with my heads and stock camshaft without replacing the the spring, rocker arms and use the old one without running into nay problems?

All I can say is get comfortable, then read until your head hurts then start again the next day.

There's hundreds of things to think about before building a Frankenstein motor. Sorry, no simple yes or no. 8^(

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.