IGNORED

Little help...

Stryder

Okay here it goes. I'm having a power loss on my 73 240. It seems to happen when when the car is warm and the rpms are above 2k. I let her run for thirty minutes idling and it did not die. I then jumped in and reved her up. The tach went up and then went down. All the way down. I then tried starting her up again. She turned over fine but then it just went dead after the initial surge of power. I'm getting fuel into the carbs so it is not the fuel filter or pump. I tested out the coil and it is fine. The distributor is okay too. I checked the plugs and wires but they were all fine. I also tested the alternator and it is working fine. I'm at a dead end and I need some help guys. Thanks,

Charlie

PS everytime I look at my car sick it brakes my heart:disappoin

Two things come to mind right off the bat.. coil and/or water control valve...

Try a different coil first, then try blocking the water from the manifold if you still are using the original 73 manifold. Could be on the borderline of vapor lock if the water control valve is sticking partially open.

Another idea is points and condensor, how long since they were changed and/or adjusted?

I swaped out the points and condensor about three months ago. The good ole' napa is closed already so I'll have to wait to get a new coil untill tomarrow. I'm going to try blocking off the water and see what happens. Thanks

Charlie