IGNORED

limited slip differential

hf240z

hi, this must be one of my lucky days.

we dont work every other friday. i decided to go to the junk yard.

there i saw a 1990 300zx. wreck in front, motor is still there. trans is gone but the rear-end (differential) is still there. i move one wheel and look on the other side, hmm there moving in one direction. i am already excited...remove all the junck under the car and find a clean carpet..i remove the differential. this is how it looks like. looks like a r200 but the back cover has fin at the lower part. the stub on each side move in the same direction as the opposite side. it must be an LSD. my problem is can i install it in my 240z. it looks like the shaft are different. i took the mount, with it , just in case i will need it. it cost me $79.00.

help.....what do i need... to install it on my 72 240z

top of the diferential...38311

43M00

under the deferential... KN3a

Originally posted by hf240z

hi, this must be one of my lucky days.

we dont work every other friday. i decided to go to the junk yard.

there i saw a 1990 300zx. wreck in front, motor is still there. trans is gone but the rear-end (differential) is still there. i move one wheel and look on the other side, hmm there moving in one direction. i am already excited...remove all the junck under the car and find a clean carpet..i remove the differential. this is how it looks like. looks like a r200 but the back cover has fin at the lower part. the stub on each side move in the same direction as the opposite side. it must be an LSD. my problem is can i install it in my 240z. it looks like the shaft are different. i took the mount, with it , just in case i will need it. it cost me $79.00.

help.....what do i need... to install it on my 72 240z

top of the diferential...38311

43M00

under the deferential... KN3a

oops....by any chance does anybody know the difference between the 1989 300zx lsd from the 1990 300zx lsd.....the 89 picture (posted here) looks the same with the 90 that i have.

do you know of the web site geocities there is a complete rundown on the swap with pictures . I will find the web address and post it for you . what are you running that needs a locked diff. ?? :classic: Ok I am back here are two address check them both. geocities.com/zgarage2001/engine.htm and this is the secound geocities.com 593/diffswap/diffswap.htm I think you will find these two sites to be vary informative. Gary:classic:

Originally posted by beandip

do you know of the web site geocities there is a complete rundown on the swap with pictures . I will find the web address and post it for you . what are you running that needs a locked diff. ?? :classic: Ok I am back here are two address check them both. geocities.com/zgarage2001/engine.htm and this is the secound geocities.com 593/diffswap/diffswap.htm I think you will find these two sites to be vary informative. Gary:classic:

I dont have any need for a locker (except when it is raining) but it so happen i saw it while looking for a replacement for my 72 rear. it is moaning already. thank you so much i will check that site.

i think the second site move to this. i search it using diffswap

Originally posted by beandip

be sure to look at both sites as there is specific information as to the specific diff that you bought . the finned cover must go according to the info. check it out.

The other site is move to this site: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/6212/diffswap/diffswap.htm

i called nissan dealer parts dept: and told me what i got is not

R200, since its LSD it must be an R230.

hi,

this is what i got, i wonder how thru the statement in ebay is?: this is the picture:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33731&item=2416844742

this is the statement:

This is a highly desirable viscous coupled posi traction (limited slip) differential unit. It was pulled from a wrecked 1992 300zx with only 18k on it. It has been stored since 1994 and I am cleaning out my garage. This unit is definitely a direct fit for all 300zx models from 1990 on and all 240sx cars(all years), but you should check to make sure it fits your application in any case. This may also work in the earlier Z cars which also have the R200 unit but I have not personally tried it. This is an excellent upgrade for a SR20DET powered 240sx. Paypal is preferred since it expedites the process. I can remove the insides for cheaper shipping or send the unit as shown. Positive feedback will be left for succesful transactions. Buyer pays actual shipping cost with no handling charge. Thanks.