IGNORED

Euro Lights for 72 240Z and R200 LSD 3.7:1 ratio

tyrfryr

Ben, I jokingly suggested this, and next time i went to harass him about it, all of a sudden, he has rotties wandering his yard and shed ( They breed them) It wouldn't $^!# me off so much if he said no, but he said he had a spare, showed it to me, then said its not for sale.

So this is my appeal, I now need a reasonably priced second hand door (a little rust is ok) just no major holes and or dents. I have chased doors around the country, from WA to Sydney, and people just don't pull through. Ie, yes i have one, send me pics, i email back as my folks are there on business that weekend, and he just disappears off the face of the earth, won't reply to emails etc etc. PLEASE HELP ME FIND A SECOND HAND LHS DOOR, i will buy the new one if need be, but its just soo much money that could be better spent elsewhere on the car.

That's a worry.....

Unfortunately, I don't have any spares (we stripped the skin & binned one & then discovered that new ones & skins are NLA.....)

Doors from an EARLY 260Z will work too, as they have the 240Z- style latches.

I found an early 260Z coupe @ U-Pull-It a few years back & raped the doors, guards & various other parts from it.

Check out their new yard near the RAAF base & perhaps get in contact with Adelaide Z cars @ Hackham too.

The only Z in the u-pull it on womma roaid is a 260Z 2+2, and you guessed it, the old guy beat me to it and took all the nice bits. Speaking to adelaide Z cars, he wanted from memory 300, might have been a bit more for a door with in his words (rust holes along the bottom), when i asked the exact condition, he said come up and have a look, well the idea of driving from gawler to him for the possibility of a high priced door was just more than i could bear. I want to get this soon, as i want to get the doors, bonnet and guards stripped by minus paint to see how it all works and comes out.

Well here is the door, sorry for losing the original thread topic. Its got a few rust holes, and has obviously had a bit of a sshunt at some stage the big bare metal patch is where a big sheet of bog fell off when using the pressure washer. The whole of the door has a coat of bog about .7-1.2cms thick, and has been belted in and the odd hole punched to make the bog stick when you look from the back.

post-2623-14150792551485_thumb.jpg

The only other option i can think of is borrowing a door, and getting a boat building mate to pop out a mould and a couple of skins, its still cheaper than buying the new skin, but i'd rather stay with metal panels at this stage, and either way, i still need a straight door.

I saw a guy on TV here in perth thats making 2 stretch limos from genuie Walkinshaw VL commodores. He gets the metal skins to stretch the car made by a sheet metal worker to the exact contour of the door.

Which brings me to my point. Instead of replacing the whole door, you could look into getting the outer skin replaced with a new one made by someone thats in the business. Not sure if its cost effective, but might be something to investigate futher.

• 11 months later...