IGNORED

WTB: Hitachi Radio

Gav240z

Hi Everyone,

Just putting a wanted ad up for an early 70 model hitachi radio. TM-1081ZA. I am looking for a radio in any condition. Will consider not working, but would prefer a working radio if available. Ideally complete with switch and faceplate, but again will consider anything you've got?

$T2eC16FHJIIE9qTYI5bDBQW0mu2kb!~~60_57.J

That is a later S30z unit, designed for a later dashboard / console. Interesting that you say nobody will know the difference. I had 1 of these radios and the antenna switch was exactly the same.

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/14212-260z-oem-head-unit-center-console-and-parker-switch/

I didn't think the Faceplate would be interchangeable but maybe you're correct? I should have tried it.

I also have an earlier style Hitachi radio out of a Fairlady Z-S

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/13817-hitachi-radio-model-tm-1081za-trivia/

But these look the same (minus antenna switch), however they don't have the autotune feature. So that's why I am looking for 1.

Sadly although nobody else will know the difference, I still will... :)

LOL well the last 2 signal seekers i've had were good at receiving static. Their sensitivity is poor and sound quality even poorer. I turned it on and let it tune and listened to it for 10 minutes. Yea, thats cool and never turned it on again. 

The earlier faceplate will adapt it to the earlier dash with the 2 screw holes on the bottom corners.  I'm not sure about the mounts however. I've not tried it myself. But as you know many things datsun had made or made are interchangeable

I've got a couple faceplates that need work. I think it would be easier 3d printing new ones. The plastic is very brittle from old age.

I can measure the holes in mine and tell you if your fairlady radio is the same just out of curiosity sake.

Thats too bad on the damaged console that was shipped. Was it shipped from JP to OZ?

Edit: The shaft hole size of the signal seeker is the same as the newer am/fm and i'de bet your fairlady radio is the same too.

The difference is in the mounts and the owners perception.  LOL

seeker.JPG

Edited by hr369

22 minutes ago, hr369 said:

The difference is in the mounts and the owners perception.

Yes that's my problem, I want what is original to my 72 AU delivered 240z. Which was the earlier style unit. This is what I currently have out of a Fairlady Z-S with no antenna switch and you'll note there is no DX->LOW insignia below the tuning knob label. It certainly looks the part and I thought about just putting an antenna switch in (since I have a couple spare) but I figure if I can get the original I would.

In AU market cars, all our cars from 1970-73 had the TM-1081ZA unit.

You can get replacement Faceplates from 240zrubberparts.com and in fact that's exactly what I did. See thread here.

IMG_20151226_140301.jpg

IMG_20151226_140245.jpg

• Like 2