IGNORED

3 fairladys rotting in the japan jungle

hr369

What are these mythical beasts they call s31?  I've heard of them but never seen one in the wild.  I know they exist....

attachicon.gifs31.JPG

We've discussed them several times on this forum in the past. 'S31' was the name given to the updated S30-series cars that complied with new emissions, safety and consumer law legislation for the Japanese market. They were introduced in July 1976 and were produced until the all-new S130-series models were introduced in late 1978.

This forum's search function seems to be about as useful as a chocolate teapot at the moment, so here's a link to a HybridZ thread instead:   http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/93310-what-models-were-s30-and-s31/

We've discussed them several times on this forum in the past. 'S31' was the name given to the updated S30-series cars that complied with new emissions, safety and consumer law legislation for the Japanese market. They were introduced in July 1976 and were produced until the all-new S130-series models were introduced in late 1978.

This forum's search function seems to be about as useful as a chocolate teapot at the moment, so here's a link to a HybridZ thread instead:   http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/93310-what-models-were-s30-and-s31/

What do they look like from the rear?  Do they have the 260-280 style tail lights or do they have the 240z style tail lights?

Pretty much the same as all the 1973-up Japanese market cars:

Zcvc2f.jpg

This is splitting hairs but you brought it up. So how can you tell just by looking at the cars exterior that its an S30 and not an S31?

Btw i was pulling your chain about Gumma. 

Hey i just noticed. The filename on this picture is S31. Now you're pulling my chain.

Edited by hr369

This is splitting hairs but you brought it up. So how can you tell just by looking at the cars exterior that its an S30 and not an S31?

Hey i just noticed. The filename on this picture is S31. Now you're pulling my chain.

It's not that difficult to tell the difference, but when you know the production year (because the auction seller mentions it, for example...) it makes it even easier.

The filename includes 'S31' because it depicts an S31, and because the catalogue/flyer it comes from is for the S31 range...

It's not that difficult to tell the difference, but when you know the production year (because the auction seller mentions it, for example...) it makes it even easier.

The filename includes 'S31' because it depicts an S31, and because the catalogue/flyer it comes from is for the S31 range.

Yes but how can you tell the difference?  I think you're just soely using the auction description.

My latest aquisition from yahoo auctions is a 180 kph speedometer that was advertised as an S30 speedometer.

Yes but how can you tell the difference?  I think you're just soely using the auction description.

My latest aquisition from yahoo auctions is a 180 kph speedometer that was advertised as an S30 speedometer.

There are three cars listed in the auction description. One is (clearly!) a 2-seater made before the end of 1973, and the other two - a 2-seater and a 2/2 - are listed as 1973 and 1974 respectively. The photos appear to confirm this. Do you think the description is incorrect?

A 180kph speedo could easily be from an S30-series Z. Do you think it isn't?