Recommended Car stereo on a 1972 240z - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Recommended Car stereo on a 1972 240z

Featured Replies

Sincé i already finished installing the AC i would like now to swap the aftermaket stereo with a newer model. I still have some doubts:

 

1) Should i install a Kenwood stereo or another Brand?

 

2) What model?

 

3) what is the wire gauge (awg) for the wire that goes from the battery to the stereo? 12 AWG?

 

I wont be using any amplifier for subwoofers just the basic stereo an 4 speakers.

Kenwood is good. I recently bought and installed a JVC and 4 JVC speakers. I was really impressed by the price and quality. The stereo even has Bluetooth which works great. I used the same gauge or heavier than was coming out of the unit. From memory it was probably 16-18 gauge.

 

Chuck

  • Author

Kenwood is good. I recently bought and installed a JVC and 4 JVC speakers. I was really impressed by the price and quality. The stereo even has Bluetooth which works great. I used the same gauge or heavier than was coming out of the unit. From memory it was probably 16-18 gauge.

 

Chuck

 

Are you sure its 16 - 18 AWG that goes from the battery to the stereo?

I'm not sure. That's from memory from a few months ago. But I don't remember having to use anything "heavy". I just looked at the instructions and it didn't specify a size. Use the same size that they used or larger. Just don't use smaller.

 

Chuck

  • 3 weeks later...

Chuck,

Does your JVC keep the proper time? I have had 2 different models of JVC's in the last 18 months where the clock has a mind of it own. Can set it, won't keep time, sets then reverts back 20 minutes a little while later. Found a lot of reviews with the same issue. If you can't make it keep time then I don't know how good it can be.

Charles

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Kenwood all the way! Usb port and bluetooth, No more time burning cds!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.