Jag SU's on 240z - linkage issues - Carburetor Central - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Jag SU's on 240z - linkage issues

Featured Replies

Hi all, 

its been a while since I've been on. The 240 is getting welded up, and so I've put stuff on the back burner for a while, but it will be back soon, so I am working on getting the engine ready to install. I've bought the "big" SU from a XKE I think. They bolt right up, but I dont know how I'll build a linkage that will open both carbs at the same time. Has anyone done this swap, and if so, how did you attack the issue?

Many thanks!

Curtis

  • Author

I did the same sort of search, but no luck regarding the linkage. Time to put on the old engineering hat. 

I have that set up, I will try and take a picture of the linkage I have.

  • Author

I didn't see any 2 inch Jag carbs in those pics. Nice pics tho. 

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Curtis,

 

Mr. Nix is just up the way in SC. I say we road trip to visit him after the floodwaters have receded. I'd like to take a look at the linkage just out of curiosity.

 

What do you say, Steve? Do you allow miscreants into your garage? ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.