Rockerbox breathers - Page 2 - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Rockerbox breathers

Featured Replies

post-23057-0-91450300-1439229945_thumb.j

 

Not familiar with your PCV system plumbing but maybe this helps. I was getting oil in the PCV valve and into the balance tube, so I put this little filter from M-C in the hose from the crankcase vent tub to PCV, to catch any oil. I put some steel wool in the filter bowl, supposed to improve filtering. Takes about a year to fill up, then I empty it. The blue hose goes (now, not  in this photo) from the cam cover vent to the rear K&N air filter; it's not connected but the end of the hose contacts the air cleaner, so any fumes are filtered and sucked in.

Edited by Stanley

  • Author

Then I'll rig up a short tube stuffed with cotton.  that should be about as good as a breather, and  is easily made.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.