IGNORED

Finally replica door panels for 77-78 z's

hr369

On 3/3/2016 at 7:43 PM, hr369 said:

Well Gavin, do the nissan factory door panels I sent fit his car better than the reproductions?

So the replica door trims didn't not fit correctly, however we tried them on a 75 Model AU delivered 260z. The door trims appeared to just have had the door lock position moved and were sold as 260z trims, but if you looked underneath you saw the depression where the lock position would be for a later 76+ S30Z (25 cm from rear of door trim).

Bottom line is, I don't think anyone is making adequate replica's for earlier 260z's. However they may fit ok on later 280z's or 76+ S30 and S31's.

OEM is always the best it would seem... 

58 minutes ago, Gav240z said:

He's happy alright.

Good to hear. A 2 year ground up resto only deserves the best parts. Glad to have helped.  I'de like to see pictures of the car if you've got em.

Sooner or later the repro guys will figure out their error and start building correct door cards for the 260.

Edit: For future reference if anyone is buying repro's from the the usa to oz.. It  cost 2oo usd to send 2 door cards to OZ using the usps. 

but that was using a 20 lb wooden box. You could do it for probably half that if you used cardboard but would risk damage.

Edited by hr369