IGNORED

This is nice, S30s signed up for Auto Club Speedway 08-08-15

aongch

• 2 weeks later...

This was my baseline event. Auto Club Speedway is a horsepower course but handling also helps on the infield. I'm powered by an RB26DETT putting out 256whp (8.5 lbs boost) for now, keeping it in the Nissan family :) Also helps that I have coilovers (EMI Racing) and Wilwood brakes. Very happy that I met my target of low 2 mins in this car, next goal is 1:55 with more tuning. 

Full results are here (8-8-2015 event). The two top Scions are supercharged, hp numbers are whatever you put down.

http://speedventures.com/results/Default.aspx

ZCuscotypeST.jpg

Z%20cell%20open.jpg

Edited by aongch

Turn 16 is the most important turn for fast lap times at the Cal Speedway sports car track layout.  You should be foot to the floor exiting that turn and only have to lift to help turn in for turn 1.  Turn 9 is also important for the infield straight.  Ideally you'll run an asymmetric alignment emphasizing left turns.  

Very true John. Frustrating when you can't get good exit speeds out of 9 and 16. Normally if I can reach 120 at the Start-Finish in either the E46 M3 or this Z, it's a good run. How about coming out on Oct 3rd, next event? I also instruct with Speed Ventures when needed. For the most part this first outing was a non-issue event, my EMI (Erik Messley) old-school coilovers held up fine and the corner weight at West End was spot-on, see my Hankook's tire wear below. The front right corner is always hotter because of the banking.

Z214%201st%20track%20day.jpg