Adding Map Pockets to Doors - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Adding Map Pockets to Doors

Featured Replies

Is it possible?  the 280Zed doesn't have them in stock form, but Personally, I cold use them so I wouldn't have to lay my race entry tickets, toll ticket, receipts, or any other loose papers on the passenger seat.

 

I would suppose so;  you just sew, glue, staple or otherwise attach a bit of vinyl or some flexible material with an elastic band at the top, with enough gathered material so you can put your map in the pocket.

 

Is there such a thing as an add-on pocket, in either cloth/vinyl or rigid plastic?  My DD has plastic bins on the doors where I keep some tools or rags/gloves.

Edited by TomoHawk

I wonder if something could hang from under the door handle under the existing screws?

 

post-17337-0-72605100-1433219052.jpg

 

Mesh pocket from link.

You are right there isn't much room below the door handle.  I like the mesh idea, makes it easy to see what is in the pocket.  Some cup holders hang from the window ledge lip right by the glass, maybe that would work.

Edited by Mikes Z car

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

That is a good use for the screw-on snaps.

 

If not below the armrest, then what about forward between the armrest ad the window handle?  I will measure that tomorrow.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.