IGNORED

78 air intake probs

ghetto_zhetto

I'll definitely have to do that

Mine kicks out white smoke every now and then but its never kicked out black

And I agree I think my coolant sensor has a jank connection I took off some tape that was around the bullet connectors and the wiring looked pretty sketchy I'll probly try and rewire all of it

I believe the sensor near the starter would be for oil pressure, but I suppose it could be for oil temperature (a modification someone made).  It's not stock.

He has a ZX P79 head.  Somebody ran the pigtail to connect it to the coolant temp sensor circuit but didn't finish the job.

Compare the image below to post 38.

If he finds a meter and uses it right it should be an easy job to find the bullet connectors to the coolant temp circuit then run some wire to the CHTS.  Can't get much simpler.

On the engine - there should be some letters and numbers molded in to the block beside the driver's (left) side motor mount.  Either N42 or F54.  1978 stock is N42, 80-83 ZX is F54.  They're both good engines. http://www.xenons30.com/Engine.html

post-19298-0-01267700-1433223521.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Sorry for the long wait, I lost access to my account for a while. 

but after replacing my coolant temp sensor, replacing the connections, and setting my afm back to factory my car runs great, other than it being old and sluggish

Thanks everyone for the help 

I have a fairly happy z 

post-30008-0-06857500-1445653703_thumb.j