IGNORED

Hello and Please Help me with my 280Z

SilverSurfer

The O-ring is also working against you, but the angle you have to work is always going to make it difficult. Tapping it with a screwdriver can also damage the tank adapter flange. If the flange distorted it could cause leaks in the furture.

If you do it with the screwdriver. Keep moving around all the four tabs, use something like WD40 and try to be patient.

I made a drawing of the tool I used only a month ago. Since then I have used the parts making other stuff for my front bumper/grill project.

The way it works is simple. It picks up two of the tabs with the two fingers and you use a screwdriver through the hole to turn it.

I made it using a bench vice, hack saw, files and a 10mm drill. I didn't weld it together because I only needed it for like 20 seconds to dismatle and 20 seconds to install.

FuelSenderTool.pdf

Its a lot easier with the tank out, but if you are not planning to remove the tank this tool is IMO the best method.