IGNORED

It Ain't Running Right!

Reverend

I think the oer gauge registers from the ledge where the main jet assembly screws in. For a tube/straw alternate method, you may wish to put a mark or ring on the straw so that it registers from the ledge......or just bottom it out and ensure all three are the same level.

The fuel level from the ledge should be 31mm to 27mm down. It is something you can adjust to tune. Just make sure all 3 carbs have the same level. Repeat the measurement a few times so that the straw measurement is accurate enough for your liking. Take pics to make a tach tip for all when you nail it.

12.305.2.GIF

Edited by Blue

Im still on the process of checking fuel levels, i removed both main jets from middle carb and for my surprise, the actual jet was detached from the F11 emulsion tube. I had to use some "special skills" to get it out from the bottom. I wonder has that been effecting engine behaviour, i mean there cant be more than human hair worth of free space between main jet/emulsion tube and the bottom of that shaft..?

I made a small tool from transparent pvc pipe, made mark on 29mm and 31mm and measured. First 2 carbs had exactly the same amount of fuel (29mm), rear one had tad over 31mm. I dialed it down but even after full turn, it did not lower the fuel level to 29. Fuel level screw on the last carb is over 2 threads higher than the first 2. Is that normal? Here are couple videos, this first one is taken right after i started it, it raises rpms well but you can hear that the idle is far from nice. It feels like its not running on all cylinders when i took it for a spin, after few mins, it felt better, but not normal.

http://vid578.photobucket.com/albums/ss224/Spacereverend/20150414_194615_zpsgfjnfec5.mp4

This is just a test how it sounds inside, too bad on this you cant hear the burbling sound it makes when idling.

http://vid578.photobucket.com/albums/ss224/Spacereverend/20150414_195141_zpssmuhj8ya.mp4

On this last one, engine is almost fully warmed and i slowly raise rpms. Im quite sure it spits out from the last carb. Tell me your opinions!

http://vid578.photobucket.com/albums/ss224/Spacereverend/20150414_195719_zpsqvdavzzy.mp4

I'm also worried about the engine shaking on idle, it shakes a lot.

Edited by Reverend

is fuel level measured from the ledge or from the bottom of the fuel bowl?

if the back carb is 31mm down from the ledge then the fuel level has to come UP to 29mm.

If this is the case then your observation of the last carb spitting is right and is probably due to it being leaner.

However all your plugs looked rich so if spark and fuel is ok then you should change jets.

I measured the fuel level from the bottom to up cause i had no proper equipment. First two had about 29 from bottom to up, last one had 30+mm, seems like its same measurement, from down to up or up to down. Fuel should be somewhere in the middle.

Edited by Reverend

Try to get them all the same as a starting point.

The next step would be to have a look at idle jets (as fuel level and advance are known and ok).

1. Clean the plugs, turn the idle enrichment screws to 1 turn out and try and idle the car. (1 turn as I am assuming the idle jets are too big).

2. Balance the air then let it idle for 5 min then read the plugs to see if they look better.

----If so then your idle jets are too large.

----If not then turn the enrichment screws out to 1.5 turns and repeat

3. If you plugs look OK ~ 1.5 to 2.5 turns then your idle jets are reasonable.

After the above tests we can move to main jetting.

Edited by Blue

I havent tried tinkering with idle jets yet, i'll try later this week. Im afraid tinkering with them, i'll mess it up even more, but we'll see. It seems the last carb is more fuel hungry than the first two. Fuel level is the same now in all and thats the one spitting, i guess because lack of fuel..?