IGNORED

Insurance- Just got it!

That Ozzy Guy

My insurance is around $330 a year, comprehensive. I was totally stoked by the quote, the only problem being it has a maximum value of hte market value - being $5500 I think.

When I tried to get a quote for the 240K I found it much more expensive (like almost $2000). Ridiculous, so I have to put up with Fire & Theft only until 2004 when it should go down.

As for Shannons etc. that's great if you're over a certain age but useless if you're younger than that.

What I find stupid for most big companies you can only have an agreed value if your car is under 10 years old. WHAT THE? Certainly the value of cars older than that would vary more??? Who knows, certainly not the telephone guy on the other end of the phone when I wanted an explaination ROFL

Can't wait until I'm old enough for insurance companies to treat me like a person...

I always find that speaking to a supervisor helps. If I accepted what the phone centre people tell me I'll never get insurance. After having been put on hold so many times so they can consult their supervisor I just got into the habbit of asking to speak to them directly to try to make a deal with them. Some are more obliging than others.

Thanks Steve. It is a big load off my shoulders and I don't drive 20 meter behind the car infront of me anymore. I've moved up to 10 meters.LOL

Originally posted by Alfadog

the only problem being it has a maximum value of hte market value - being $5500 I think.

Will they agree on a quote from an insurance evaluator? - when I had my 300 insured they said it was only worth about $7000 so I got it evaluated (evaluator said $12000) and they accepted that.

Insurance companies are nothing but a rip-off. I just had an accident with a BMW and it was clearly his fault but his company just gives me the run around trying to pay for only 80% of the damages.

90% of insurance companies where I live refuse to even insure my car for the state required let alone full coverage. They just chuckle at that request. They say it is too old.

You might as well just have minimum coverage. They will not pay any of you what your car is worth when wrecked.