IGNORED

Parting Out '71

veejayz

A parts car came available here in Lincoln, Nebraska, so I snatched it up.  It has been sitting in a field for 15 years, so is not in great shape, but it was fairly original, and fairly complete.

I wanted to give this forum first shot at anything that might be unique to the '71, or hard to find for this year.  My '72 was not original, so there may be things I'm not familiar with.  Things like the hangers for the seat belts, the coat hanger hooks, that are a little different, that I hadn't seen before.  Also, these switches (see pic), that I cannot for the life of me remember where they came from.

There is not an original radio, and the clock doesn't work.  Most everything has at least some surface rust on it.  I think most parts are better suited to ebay than this group, but I wanted to start here.

I am going to keep the motor and tranny for now, and the SU's,  until I decide what is going back into my '72.  I am going to keep the front grill.  Most everything else that is salvageable will be sold.  I am going to strip it down to the shell, and scrap it, unless someone wants a very rusty project.  I am willing to cut pieces off if there is something you can use.  The spare tire tub is in surprisingly good shape.  If you can come to Lincoln and get it you can have the shell for nothing, as that will keep it from the crusher.  But it is pretty far gone.

Front bumper seems to be solid, but would need to be straightened and re-chromed.  I think the rear bumper center section is the same.

It came with a smog exhaust manifold that has all of the tubes intact.  I was unfamiliar with these.  The guy who sold me the car said they were collectible, but I'm skeptical.  If somebody wants it, make me a reasonable offer.  The car had AC, I don't know if any of that is salvageable after sitting so long, or if you would want to.  All of the heater and AC boxes that could provide a home for rodents did so.  They could probably be refreshed by someone who was willing to put in the effort.

Right now it is a rolling chassis, the R180 is still in it.  If somebody wants it as is that would keep me from busting any more knuckles taking the suspension off.  But it would need to be picked up pretty quickly.  Somebody called parking enforcement on me because this car is sitting on a pad at my house.  I made an official tag just for them  (see pic).  Also pic of the switches I can't identify, and the worst of the frame rot.  Also rusted through below the windshield on the drivers side and at the battery tray.

The center console is dried out and has some crazing, but is not broken.  Plastics:  the roof piece is unbroken.  Right side quarter window and expansion tank cover are good.  Rear trim has some cracks on the bottom edge, but not too bad.  The trim is black.

Let me know if there is something specific you are interested in.  You can PM me or email me.  vleighty  at  hotmail.

Thanks guys

post-1284-0-66467200-1425916490_thumb.jp

post-1284-0-65210600-1425916525_thumb.jp

post-1284-0-35795900-1425916545_thumb.jp

tried to get the worst of the rust.  None of it appears to be very deep.  I'll poke around tonight and see what's under the rubber strips.  The only rust on the outside I see is by the hole, but it is not bad at all.

Don't expect this quick of a response all the time.  I just happen to be around and available today.  :)

post-1284-0-90367600-1425919462_thumb.jp

post-1284-0-77747100-1425919495_thumb.jp

post-1284-0-52907700-1425919536_thumb.jp

post-1284-0-52043100-1425919590_thumb.jp

post-1284-0-71914000-1425919627_thumb.jp