Ep34 Flasher Relay Question - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Ep34 Flasher Relay Question

Featured Replies

Does this relay make a sound of any kind? Call me old school, but I like a "click/clack" or whatever when my blinkers are on.

 

thanks

I hear mine.

  • 1 year later...

J.C. Whitney used to sell "musical"  flashers.  One would play "Love Me Tender" when the light are flashing.  It was supposed to get your attention.

Anyway, the electronic flashers I got recently have a clicking sound like  the factory relays make.

Edited by TomoHawk

  • 2 weeks later...

Oh- for the OP,  my Ep34 flasher makes a clicking sound.  It's more of a relay-type click, not the kind from the bimetal contacts of the old thermal flashers.

  • 2 years later...

I took a broken EP34 flasher apart, and inside is a solenoid-looking mechanism, and a small circuit board for control.  So it does make a clicking sound, like a solenoid.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.