IGNORED

Bfg Scca Majors

gira

We had a great weekend at Sebring SCCA Double Majors and the crew had everything to do with it. We started off by having intermittent ignition failure. It would work or not, with no real reason why. I run the Electromotive crank fire ignition and we traced the problem down to a Jacobs box that's job is to provide a clean constant voltage to the ignition itself. It was an old part and since we now are using a Lithium battery to provide power, it's no longer needed. We re-wired the system and it worked fine.

We ended up winning both races with quite a charge from VanSteenburg's Porsche 944 S2. VanSteenburg started from pole on Saturday. I set fast lap during that race and started from pole on Sunday. My engine is a little tired and will need a re-fresh before the next race which will either be a NOLA, Road Atlanta, or VIR.

Thanks for listening.

Cheers,

Greg Ira

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Folks,

It's been awhile since I've posted and thought I'd fill you racing enthusiasts in on what we've achieved so far. Since the January Majors races in Florida I've done quite a bit of tweaking to the car. The engine that was in the car definitely was having some problems. In the 2.4 trim, which I expect to run at the September National Championship race in Daytona, we broke the track record by 2 seconds in a recent regional race. Granted we really haven't been to Daytona with this level of equipment since 2009, where we had the old lap record. Now we are solidly in the 2:04 range, which is an above 100mph average. When the rest of the E Production guys come to Daytona in September, I expect that record to fall again. I suppose in a good draft, the BMW's and the Prelude will be in the 2:03 range somewhere.

We have reliability and track experience on our side for the upcoming race, although the track is very easy to learn quickly. I test for the last time in August, then will do a final preparation to the car for the Runoffs.

I expect to see some of you guys come out. It should be a great race!

All the best,

Greg Ira

• Like 1