IGNORED

Looking for Center caps for my 240z Alloy Wheels

jalexquijano

I need 4 of center caps for these wheels with the clips intact:

Nissan Datsun 240Z 260z Original Wheels | eBay

Can someone point out which center caps fit these wheels? Will the 280zx fit? or should i keep on seaching for the correct one? No luck yet.

I have the same alloy wheels and I used the Black Center Caps, the ones with the Z in the center. They snapped in perfectly and look awesome! I believe the part number is 40343-P7100 and is still available from Nissan.

Edited by redzedsled

Are you sure those one fit? I read that the ones for Datsun 280zx wont fit these wheels. Can you verify?

post-24523-1415083042082_thumb.jpg

As you see here, they snap in real tight. The only knock on these caps is that the black portion is very prone to cracking. This sample you see here has this crack, and it is not the first one I've seen. I had to reject another new cap my Nissan dealer brought in, with again a flaw in the cap. To me, even though they are not 100% factory correct for the wheel, they still look awesome. I believe the European alloys were painted a gun metal grey in behind the spokes, whereas the ones I restored were originally natural aluminum finish with a super thick clear coat inside the wheel and between the spokes. Either way, this is a classic Z wheel.

I had a difficult time finding the correct caps for those wheels 11 years ago. Nissan no longer has them. I bought mine from Nismoparts.com back then but a couple of years later when someone else I know was looking for a set, nismoparts.com didn't have any more. And, they're not '240Z alloy wheels'. They were an optional alloy wheel for the 260Z/280Z most often seen on the 78 Black Pearl Edition.

post-3797-14150830421474_thumb.jpg

post-3797-14150830421857_thumb.jpg

Edited by sblake01