SU piston and dome have matching casting numbers - Carburetor Central - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

SU piston and dome have matching casting numbers

Featured Replies

I just noticed this. The Domes have a 1 and 2 inside on the roof that match the piston's 1 and 2.

Not sure if it happens for all years but it does on these 4 screws.

post-7641-14150829377843_thumb.jpg

Interesting.....Is the 1 the front and the 2 the rear?

  • Author

I missed that much tracking but I will look on the carb bodies for numbers. Funny thing is that the fuel bowl tops have a 1 and 2 so it may trace from there.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.