IGNORED

WTB 240k Any condition

conz

Hey folks. Been in love with the old Datsuns for a long time, eventually became obsessed in the old skylines and am now somewhere inbetween .. Looking for any conditioned 240k Coupe.

Roller. Rust, you name it I'll grab it.

If grandpa has one out in the field. I'll grab it.

Anything will be appreciated and I know it will most likely take 15-20k to restore.

I'm am located in QLD but will travel

Best of luck. They are hard to find. Seems more sedans pop up

I'm looking for a 2nd one, a rolling coupe chassis. I don't want interior or panels, just complete suspension and chassis.

They are becoming VERy popular but best of luck all the same

Tried to PM you datfreak

hi 240k style.

I'll suss out some photos in the next few days-- before the weekend.

I was going to list it on gumtree but it is kinda hard to value as I cant find any coupes for sale to compare.

There are lots of wanted ads tho

I was thinking of ebay but sometimes that can be more trouble then its worth.

anyway, when I have pics (or list it online) I let you know

cheers

thanks guys for the interest - ive been away but will get pics soon.

The car is very much a project. Its a country car but still has rust as it has been left outside unused for a long time.

4/1974 240k coupe (over 40 years old!)- auto with a l28. White outside with black interior.

the bad:

The boot lid is missing so water has eaten the wheel well totally and the some of the back of the bottom rear sills.

there is also minor rust in driver side sills and a small amount on the bottom of each door. The bottom of the guards there is some rust.

The bonnet is dented and is rusty where the damage is.

The back of the car looks like its been reversed into a pole but not hard - probably why the boot lid is missing.

Center console is missing. It has a small sunroof. The top of the dash and seat are cracked and will need recovering.

The good:

I've taken all the seats out and looking above and from underneath the floors are in very good condition- the worst is a pin sized hole next to a water drain plug but 99% of it looks very good. The engine bay has very little rust - ie only a little surface rust on one rail.

Looking under and into the wheel arches there is some light surface rust but nothing that needs any new metal.

The gauges look good, glass all there. The car has some minor dents but doesn't appear to ever had a hard hit.

When i list it or even if I dont, I'll put some pics here (or links to some).

ed: Very unlikely for anyone to want this but I would consider swapping it for a 240z of similar condition ;)

Edited by datfreak