IGNORED

What A Crappy Day

Datzun76

I did tell the insurance rep on the phone that I am not paying a dime and they are going to pay 100% of the damages. I also mentioned a lawyer and will have to start making calls.

I dont know what you mean on the other part. It will wind up costing them more with court and attorney fees in the end so I really dont get their reasoning. If your talking about getting them to settle for an amount of the car value I doubt these clowns would even come close.

If I felt the accident was my fault in any way I would agree but this was all on the other driver.

The ouch suddenly my back hurts is not my style but I dont feel sorry for insurance companies when people pull that trick.

It is possible that this caused damage to the frame as well but I really will not be able to tell until it is taken apart. I took photos today since I really need to pull the air dam off for now to drive it.

I am certain the lawyer thing is common.They have a staff of lawyers on hand.It cost them nothing. Now if you tell the bmw that his insurance is playing with you and you don't want to but you may have to sue HIM for the difference ,he may get on your side.If it was me I would tell my insurance company fix that man's car!! I screwed up and thats what I pay you for!!! You said the cop wrote $1500.00 est. Are your cops there trained estimators???HUH????

I have thought about that. I may give the owner of the BMW a call. Maybe he will agree to pay the other 20% out of his own pocket and then we can both take the insurance company to court after the car is fixed so he can recover his 20%.

Otherwise I will have to file the lawsuit against him since he is local and the insurance company is not.

His car was damaged as well as both doors on the driver side were totaled. Told me he has a $500 deductible to pay so they may be trying to screw him over as well. Full coverage on a 97 BMW is not cheap so Liberty Mutual needs to fork it over.

NEVER accept any of the blame if the accident is not at all your fault.

The reason that I say this is because of future insurance costs the accident will count against YOU also. It does not matter to the companies that make your rate weather the accident was 1% or 100% your fault, as long as there is a percentage attached to "your" side of it, your insurance has the right to assume that you are considered a "risk" and WILL charge you accordingly.

In the future when you are renewing insurance, you will want to say the accident was 100% paid by the other company. And they will ask you if they paid 100% when the time comes.

There is NO WAY I would agree to anything except 100% payment from his insurance to cover my arse in the future.

Good luck, keep us posted.....

Brian

You MUST stay cool , dont get on your high horse here it will only make this more difficult than it should be. If you think you have a back inj. dont wait , go the the Hosp and get treated. Then It's on the record. You cant be like the prostitute that hollored rape after the check bounced. Threating to lawyer up will usually stop them from dealing with you at all and then you will need to do just that and get a lawyer. They don't care they have lawyers coming out there ears on retainers and it costs them nothing. Dont make the threat if you are not prepaired to do it If the situation is as you say and the other person is at fault you should be able to settle with them .I think that doing a fair ammount of shopping for another Z would be good as was already stated by justacarguy .If you think you are going to screw them then all I can say is good luck. Try and remember the person that you are dealing with is just doing there job , treat them as you would like to be treated and you will be away ahead of the game. Good luck

Yes I back it up. Remember I took Maaco to court and won. Not the entire case but a good part of it. Tired of people screwing up my Z and then thinking I am just going to say ok. My Z is my baby and tired of it getting abused LOL.

The owner of the BMW had full coverage so I am sure he is ticked at them as well. They have already agreed to pay 80% so they are trying some kind of scam to get me to pay the remaining 20%. If it does actually have to go to court then they are just paying more money for attorney fees and court costs. It's not worth it. They need to give up the rest of the money and stop playing games.

I am writing a letter to the owner of the other car and sending it to him, the insurance company owner and the Insurance head honcho for the state of Florida. Apparently insurance companies fear him according to my girlfriend who works with non paying insurance companies on a daily basis.