IGNORED

New 280z Owner from SoCal

Hi everyone, I recently purchased my first Z which also happens to be my first car. I had been looking for one for a couple months now and I finally found her. The color isn't my favorite and neither is the body kit but the body is straight and has very minimal rust I have plans to do the interior and paint myself. All she needs to get running is a new fuel pump and air flow meter. I look forward to posting up pictures following her progress!

post-30474-14150828646837_thumb.jpg

post-30474-14150828647532_thumb.jpg

Thank you:) I'm planning on keeping the front, and taking off the sides and rear end in a few weeks once I have time to repaint it once they come off. And eventually I want to get some ZG flares.

Edited by ali_280z

Hello Alissa,

I saw your post on the Datsun Facebook page, so I'm glad you found this forum as well. This is great group of guys (and girls) that are very knowledgable about Z's and always willing to help. You did great for your first car! My first car was a 1984 Mercury Lynx. :( I'm not sure what I was thinking when I bought it. Look forward to seeing the progress on your car!

Robert S.

Thank you Robert:) I'm really excited to start working on her and I wanted to make sure I established some sort of connections, so if I did run into trouble I have people to ask for help. My first car would have been a Civic or Corolla if my parents had their way haha but I can be very persuasive:)

Alissa,

That's funny! My second car was a '86 Honda Prelude and 6 years ago I bought a new Corolla. If your parents give you grief about the 280Z, just tell them it's easier to work on than a Civic or Corolla, and the parts are less expensive! :)

Robert S.