IGNORED

First Z purchase

paqman

Here's a 280 with 240 bumpers, it's a many grand $$ vision.

Wow up until now I've been posting all over my phone, and just realized how crappy my original post got formatted LOL. Sorry for that. Yes that does look like a grand $$ vision LOL.

Edit: oh, i guess my screen wasn't done loading. I guess it looks ok now.

Here's a 280 with 240 bumpers, it's a many grand $$ vision.

That looks like the same spoiler on my Z, but mine doesn't have the same fenders, Hmmm maybe for the future.

paqman, you can find Z cars in fairly good running order and looks for well within your price range, with a little weekend wrenching get it into excellent running order, doing full on resto's yourself takes lots of time and many $$. just keep on looking and you'll find the car for you and then make it truly your car. Just my 2¢.

That looks like the same spoiler on my Z, but mine doesn't have the same fenders, Hmmm maybe for the future.

paqman, you can find Z cars in fairly good running order and looks for well within your price range, with a little weekend wrenching get it into excellent running order, doing full on resto's yourself takes lots of time and many $$. just keep on looking and you'll find the car for you and then make it truly your car. Just my 2¢.

Thanks. From the replies, and the research I've done, I think you're right. I'm leaning more towards buying one a little more rough around the edges but with good mechanics so I can enjoy it now, then start building it up when I have more time. Funny thing, I've actually liked a lot of the rat rod Z's I've seen, (or Ratsuns :-) Wouldn't mind having a sleeper Z with killer internals LOL.

In the last couple weeks I've seen some decent looking 240's in the Los Angeles Craigs list asking $5,000-$6,000. I'm talking like 4 or 5 of them. Kind of depressing actually, but for someone looking it is good news.

Wow that is a lot. I just hope there are as many out there for me to choose from by the time I sell the bike and am ready to start shopping. I tend to do this. Start planning way before I'm ready to buy. It'll probably be next spring. I can't buy till I sell the bike. :-)