IGNORED

Another new Z owner - 1977 280z

Forch77

Well after being out of the car game for about a year now I've spent the last few months looking for a new project and I found it last week. It is a 1977 280z black on black 4spd with 140k miles originally a Vegas car which was good news for me considering I live in New Jersey. The current owner bought it two years ago with plans on restoring it and they just never got around to it. They recently decided they wanted to sell it so they replaced the fuel pump and brakes. I went down last week to check the car out and of course it had rust but nothing that was too concerning for me. Car does start right up but isn't running too good (I've posted in the "Electrical" section concerning this.) and also needs a little work. Short term goals are to get it running right so I can drive it to my buddies shop so he can fix all the rust on it.

Craigslist Pictures:

photo30_zps98a44ad4.jpg

photo20_zps302d19a7.jpg

photo10_zps10751577.jpg

photo4_zpsc08a87fa.jpg

photo5_zps37478e19.jpg

photo22_zpsf51346de.jpg

photo12_zpsea63586b.jpg

And here she is finally home:

photo32_zpsf49378e7.jpg

Here's something really helpful. It's explained simply and has plenty of up close pictures. Him or one of his club members has done just about everything to a 1977 280Z. Tech Tips

Hell I forgot to mention, nice car.

Thanks alot I'll have to read through that, and hopefully she turns out to be as nice as she looks! LOL

Forch77..where in jersey are yah? I'm in northern NJ near the gap...Nice score and welcome to the Z. Regards...Kevin

I'm up North too, I live in Paramus. Got the car down south right outside of Camden. Thanks looking forward to some Z meets this summer!

Edited by Forch77

You're a little over an hour away from me so that's not bad, and in addition to this site feel free to drop me a line if you run into any problems. I currently own 2 280's and 2 260's but have had 14 of these cars over the years. Also there's a Z club that meets in bridgewater. The New Jersey Z Car Club - Home Page good group of guys over there. Regards Kevin