Ballast resistor? - 240K Skyline - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Ballast resistor?

Featured Replies

Can anyone help no to find the ballast resistor on my 77 240k, I think I found it on the wiring diagram but not on the car.

  • Author

Found the resistor wire I was looking for. It runs back from the +ve connector on the coil along side the black/red wire and splices into the black/white wire up behind the lh headlight. Black/red must be the start power supply (12v) and the black/white wire supplys ign on power(low voltage) through the ballast resistor wire. I had trouble reving past 3500rpm after installing the pertronix ign. I simply took power from the black/whiote wire closer to the round connector near the coil and hey presto no rev problems and no tacho issues. thanks mr camouflage for the help.

Edited by Yamahacam
forgot thankyou

  • Author

Youtube may be a bit beyond me. Might try soon.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.