IGNORED

Ballast resistor?

Yamahacam

Can anyone help no to find the ballast resistor on my 77 240k, I think I found it on the wiring diagram but not on the car.

Apparently there is a wire that acts as the ballast resistor.

See aarc240's post about half way down this page:

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/open-240k-discussion/15159-electronic-igniton-240k.html#post173861

Found the resistor wire I was looking for. It runs back from the +ve connector on the coil along side the black/red wire and splices into the black/white wire up behind the lh headlight. Black/red must be the start power supply (12v) and the black/white wire supplys ign on power(low voltage) through the ballast resistor wire. I had trouble reving past 3500rpm after installing the pertronix ign. I simply took power from the black/whiote wire closer to the round connector near the coil and hey presto no rev problems and no tacho issues. thanks mr camouflage for the help.

Edited by Yamahacam
forgot thankyou