IGNORED

Cam's 1977 240k Sedan

Yamahacam

Engine getting closer now, still waiting on a gasket set from amazon but have got it this far with stuff I already had. Going to run with the original 260z air fliter housing for now at least. Painted that in Chev orange which is not a very good match but looks good I think. Have been reading many posts on what kind of power to expect and don't know what to think. Some really low educated guesses and some high, then I look at Robello's mods and he can really squeeze some power out of these things.  Just hoping for a noticeable improvement, may dyno if I get really keen.

Mods are:

240K 83mm block

260Z crank

240 83mm pistons shaved 2.79mm

240 rods

Ported head E88 head ( by who?)

Not sure on  cam specs but looks to be about 280 duration? Moderate lift. Made by Camshaft engineering in Brisbane, no longer exist.

Dome top SU carbs

Removing belt driven fan for thermo.

Hi tech headers through 2 1/4 system

5spd manual

Any guesses?

post-27752-0-50337300-1416390438_thumb.j

post-27752-0-82916400-1416390823_thumb.j

No, that's why I didn't just rebuild the 260z engine. Combined the 240k with 260z so can still use original dipstick hole. That seemed to be the main issue, swapping sumps and pick-ups didn't look too bad but the dipstick looked more difficult. In using both motors I could machine the 240 pistons and use the longer rods to basically give me flat pistons instead of dished. Local parts guy has 240z's and said this was the mod back in the day to keep l24 engine numbers.

• 3 weeks later...