Three piece spoiler - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Three piece spoiler

Featured Replies

Hi all I have been learning so much from this site and have enjoyed reading everyone else's builds and projects they have taken on. I have a 1973 240z I have had for a bit over a year now and and working on the body work myself. I am thinking about while I'm at it molding in a three piece spoiler but I have done some searching and I can really seem to find them much. I have found one guy that makes them but he wants $355 for them. I was wondering if anyone knew if there was any other places that had them cheaper or if that's I will be looking at if I decide to get one? Thank you so much for all of your help. You are all awesome people!

You might consider having a 3-piece spoiler fabricated from sheet metal and welded to the car. See photos below for an example.

Good luck with the project.

Fixitman

post-16252-14150826213846_thumb.jpg

post-16252-14150826214055_thumb.jpg

post-16252-14150826214348_thumb.jpg

post-16252-14150826214541_thumb.jpg

post-16252-14150826215084_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Wow that looks amazing! That is a really good idea. Did you custom make that yourself or did you have someone fabricate it for you? I really love that! And thank you.

The work was done by Pollock Auto Restoration / Ragtops and Roadsters in Pottstown, PA. Initially, we used modeling clay to sculpt the end pieces, trying to match the contours of the fender and sail panel. Modeling the spoiler with clay allowed us to adjust the height to get the scale just right. It was a fun exercise. Try a little of this, stand back and see how it looked, adjust a little here and there. After we were happy with the design, the metal tech fabricate the pieces to match and welded it in place. A few more photos are attached.

post-16252-14150826217161_thumb.jpg

post-16252-14150826216717_thumb.jpg

post-16252-14150826216947_thumb.jpg

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

That is sweet! I wish I could do that! That sounds awesome! You guys really did some great work! Thank you for telling me about how you did that!

  • Author

Does anyone know of anyone that is selling them or anything?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.