IGNORED

my 240k over in Perth

perth 240k

Hi all, thought I would share my 240k story and pictures with you.

I was already an owner of a 180b when some months back I was casually looking for anything for sale under Datsun and came across the below car for sale. I had no real intention of purchasing the car but just wanted to take it for a drive more than anything, so spoke to the seller and arranged a time to see the car. I made the good move of taking my wife along with me when I did the visit.

when I got next to the car I knew that I had to have it, it was a one owner car and immaculate in everyway. The story was that the first and only owner bought the car as a retirement present for himself and was only ever his weekend car and was always garaged and even had a car cover on it in the garage. He would never drive it if it looked liked rain and it had full service history for every service it had ever had. He sadly passed away into his 90's and so was being sold by his daughter in law.

I got my wife In the car and away we went for a drive in her. When we got back to the sellers house my wife turned to me and said, we should get this car, which I didn't need her to tell me twice. They agreed to not sell it to anyone so we could have a think about it.

The next day we did another test drive and the deal was done. The sellers are such a nice family they kept the car in their carport for me until i could sell my 180b to make room for the K.

We even keep in touch with them still as they like to know how the K is going, which is nice as this shows how much they valued this car being in the family as it was for over 30 years.

Since getting her all I have done is a wash and T cut and a wax, and added the rear venetians, everything else is as it was when I purchased her. I still have the original car cover he used to use to cover it up in the garage as well.

The car seats are such a 70's thing that when I go to car shows In her everyone comments on the seats !

here are some pictures of the K

post-29652-14150825829836_thumb.jpg

post-29652-14150825830181_thumb.jpg

post-29652-141508258305_thumb.jpg

post-29652-14150825830812_thumb.jpg

post-29652-1415082583113_thumb.jpg

post-29652-14150825831449_thumb.jpg

post-29652-14150825831769_thumb.jpg

Such a beautiful car mate. And yeah i love the seats. But the winner for me is that colour with the vinyl....Just a jaw dropper..nice pickup.....the old L6 goes ok eh?

The cars runs great, really smooth. The only slight issue is when I put the accelerator to the floor it doesn't seem to want to go ( auto model ), sort of feels like a carbie issue, seems to splutter a bit and wont go on in speed, maybe due to the guy who owned it being a retired gent he never floored the accelerator in 30 odd years. I might just get some carbie cleaner and spray some of that into it, or has anyone experienced this before and have some other idea as to what it could be.

Seeing as I drive it with so much care I never need to floor the thing, but it would be good if it did shift a little faster if I needed to !

In answer to the other question from Perth 240 I got the car around Feb I think ???

Yeah uras1 is spot on. The moment they know you have a 240K they throw money at you. LOTS of money. The market here in the last 6-12 months has sky rocketed :(

But enough people here in Aus are trying to stop these beautiful cars leaving our shores.

And yours is a stunner. Hope one day to see her in the flesh ;)

Yeah uras1 is spot on. The moment they know you have a 240K they throw money at you. LOTS of money. The market here in the last 6-12 months has sky rocketed :(

But enough people here in Aus are trying to stop these beautiful cars leaving our shores.

And yours is a stunner. Hope one day to see her in the flesh ;)

they are also known to throw threats around and be come very abusive also

they are also known to throw threats around and be come very abusive also

Back to more important things like my splutter on acceleration, did a few bits this weekend, sprayed some carbie cleaner in it, read my manual and found that the secondary side of the carbie works on vacuum and has a diaphram that brings in the secondary side. I manually moved the diaphram in and out and the secondary butterfly valve in the carbie opens as it should do. Took it for a spin and it has improved considerably, but still not quite fully working right, just wondering if the diaphram needs an overhaul, or has anyone got any other ideas, it would be appreciated.

Now 240k style tells me they go some i want to find out, once i get it to work right i will be back to my normal easy driving though !

I had a Kuwaiti gentleman offer to buy my car here, with a lowball offer. When I refused he was not happy.

As for acceleration, I find the secondaries open about 3500RPM at wide open throttle, and there is a noticable surge. I am looking to replace the points with an electronic ignition system, as I believe this will improve high RPM performance.