IGNORED

#1 Carb a geyser

mr_han_solo

My #1 carb is getting wayyy too much gas. I have posted the following video to demonstrate what it is doing:

SU Carb - YouTube

The #2 carb seems to be getting the right amount of fuel. I mean I don't see it flowing out like a geyser like the #1 carb is. I initially thought that the regulator was bad (i have an aftermarket electric pump), however since the #2 seems to be working right, I'm thinking something may be wrong with the #1 carb. Hope someone has some answers.

Thanks.

The float valve is more than likely stuck open. Try giving the side of the carb bowl a few taps with a wrench. If that doesn't work, remove the float bowl and check the valve.

It may have some gunk trapped under it.

Also check the float for fuel leaking into it.

Edited by olzed

As mentioned, you can have some garbage getting by the final filter holding the needle open, OR maybe the float has gotten tweaked holding it in the down position. The last is unlikely but pulling the float bowl lid will show it if it's a problem. If it's grit, then opening up and getting the final filter (inside the hump on the lid) and cleaning it would be a next step. New washers for the banjo fitting would be nice to have on hand as they tend to not reseal well.