Fuel - 240K Skyline - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Fuel

Featured Replies

So since I'm a Gen Y person leaded fuel was before my time and I'm in need of some info for my 74 sedan can I put normal 98 in it or do I have to run lead additive ?

Back in the good old days your engine was fitted with silicon/bronze valve seats which are not suitable for unleaded fuel. You will burn the valves and seats using unleaded for prolong periods without a lead additive. I think Nissan changed to steel seats in Australia around the time the 280ZX came out, but I think that was more to simplify production. Australia didnt change to unleaded until 1985.

The 98 is your best choice plus a lead additive or rebuild the head with steel seats which translates to a lot of lead additive.

BTW Premium leaded was around 97 octane. GTHO's, RT chargers and XU1's loved the stuff. Thats my Gen...

Chas

Ran E10 In my 240k for about 3 years will no issues, but always intended to replace the engine

  • Author

Stocking up on additive then for my road trip ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.