IGNORED

For $50

Arizona240z

I would not pay much for it but I tell you it's the kind of car I'd love to restore. I know it's alot of work but I get great satisfaction from such a project.

I would like to find a 69mdl like this here in AUS and buy it. It's the kind of project car that nobody could flame you for doing a few wild mods to. Ie: V8 or RB26DETT conversion.

I personally like originality but if I was gonna put that effort into a car like that I wouldn't mind making it a bit of a performance car.

Originally posted by Gav240z

I would not pay much for it but I tell you it's the kind of car I'd love to restore. I know it's alot of work but I get great satisfaction from such a project.

I can understand the satisfaction one would derive from turning this "lump" into a work of art. You'd have to get a lot of satisfaction from the result, because it would be a HUGE undertaking. Time AND $$$$$. I hope somebody saves it from the crusher.

My original point to the post was that if someone were close enough to pick up the car without a huge expense it would be worth the price just for the parts. Even though it is a '73 (so the carbs are worthless big deal).

I just wonder if the person who bought it is a member of this group?

When this car came on ebay, I wondered how long before the smack talk started here. If I hadn't been watching the start of the 500 this would have been mine. You people talk about low cost parts cars and thats what this was. Even listed under parts and accesories. Remember some of us live in areas that don't have junkyards full of old Z's to pick parts from so something like this nearby is a real find. I talked to the owner, and they were

very upfront about everything. At least they posted pics which is more than some sellers do with cars they ask alot more for. It might not have met your standards or needs, but I bet I will pay alot more than what this car sold for just to get a good windshield shipped in from someplace where it hasn't been YEARS

since seeing a first generation Z on the road. Not to mention all the other little parts that everyone likes to have on hand that seem to be difficult to find no matter where one lives. Sorry about the rant but it hasn't been my day- my favorite driver got

black flagged for passing on yellow too.

Originally posted by cr240z

........ If I hadn't been watching the start of the 500 this would have been mine. You people talk about low cost parts cars and thats what this was. Even listed under parts and accesories. Remember some of us live in areas that don't have junkyards full of old Z's to pick parts from so something like this nearby is a real find. I talked to the owner, and they were

very upfront about everything.

If all it took was a race on TV to stop you from bidding, you must not have wanted this "gem" very badly.