IGNORED

FS5C71A Front Driveshaft Yoke Needed

er34gtt2000jp

I just picked up a FS5C71A 5 speed for my 71' and it came with two driveshaft's but neither of them have the front slip yoke. Does any one have one they are willing to part with? There is one on ebay but it's $60 and looks like the seller has an extended shipping and handling time. Was hoping to get it by the end of say next week.

Alternatively an entire drive shaft would work if its the early style for the 70-71 cars before they moved the diff. Any help from my fellow Z enthusiasts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Eric

Edited by er34gtt2000jp

Thanks for the tip, I'll try hitting borini63 up with a PM.

So the tranny came out of a 240Z, not sure if its a Roadster box or an actual JDM Fairlady/Skyline 5 speed. No way to tell that I know of. But its ready to go in, if I could only find that darn yoke.

Thanks again!

I misread the transmission part number. Thought you were modifying a newer transmission, from a 300Zx or 240SX, which also would require the older 70-71 shorter drive shaft.

I think that any of the yokes up to mid-74 might work. Late 74 or 75 is when they went to the staked u-joints.

Anyway, good luck with it.

Edited by Zed Head

Yeah, this is the one in Union City. Here's a couple pics to clarify the driveshaft yoke part I need. On my bench are three drive shafts, the two that came with the trans and the original from my 71'. Notice the forward half of the 5 speed shafts are missing. I was looking into the possibility of getting the front half of a 4x4 truck shaft but it appears to be a different design with larger splines.

post-8081-14150823594716_thumb.jpg

post-8081-14150823594413_thumb.jpg

Are you sure that the original one from your 71 won't work? Odds are fair that it might. You might have to remove the dust cover.

When you said "yoke" I thought that you meant just the piece that slips on to the trans shaft and has the u-joint in it. Some people call it the slip yoke. You're asking for the whole front half of a two piece drive shaft. I don't think that they exist for a 240Z.

Someone out here has the answer.

• 5 weeks later...