IGNORED

How stuffed is too stuffed?

Yamahacam

I am looking at rescuing a c110 240k sedan from a bloke I know. Has been sitting in his yard for a long time. Think it will not cost much to get it off him. Looks like there is plenty of rust low in many of the panels, roof down to below windows seems ok. Chrome strips have almost rusted off bonnet and boot. I am not afraid of rust repair and have a good mate to paint. Are there any things or places I should look for that would make a car like this unrestorable? Would prefer to find something better condition but my options seem to be very limited. Thanks

Depends how cheap you can get it. If you find body's a bit far gone, start looking at interior (crack free dash, seats, instruments etc), motor, any chrome because it could all be worth more than what you pay

I started restoring a really rusty 4 door until when I started removing previous bog found sill panels, all 4 wheel wells, around windows, boot, under the car all had serious rust. So I pulled the pin

Edited by tez240k

Pretty sure it is complete, interior ok and was driven to current resting place. Guess I should at least get it home and worst case use it for spares if I was to find a better body. Are floor pans replaceable or is it a massive job? What are your thoughts on fibreglass panels, boot, bonnets etc? I am not looking to make a show stopper just want a nice clean, useable car to bring back some memories. Thanks for your advice.

Look for rust in the wheel arches, roof, floor, boot and sills. Also check under the chrome work where the front and rear windows sit. Material collects under the trim and rusts out around the windows. Another bad place is where the door meets the guards. You can only see there with the guards off though.

Replacement sections can be made up for the floor depending on how bad it is. Guards, doors etc can be patched or replaced.

Edited by Adzmax

• 2 weeks later...

Picked it up today. Sure does need some work, the interior seems to be pretty good except for drivers seat which has cracked cover where you sit and cracked dash of course. Cracked red lens on lh taillight. Body needs major work, probably ditch everything I can get in f/glass. 5 speed manual was a surprise and came with set of twin carbs, manifold and set of trx wire mesh wheels. Couldn't leave it there for $250. Let the work begin.

trying to keep mine all original. prob going to get a glass bonnet and use it for daily use and keep mine wrapped up.

gc110ƒXƒJƒCƒ‰ƒCƒ“ƒPƒ“ƒƒŠ—pƒJ[ƒ{ƒ“FRPƒp[ƒc

bonnet is 35700y

boot is 26250y

I got a boot for a 4 door here along with a seat, will pull them out if interested.