Libra wheels - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Libra wheels

Featured Replies

I just picked up a 240 that has too much cancer (and previous damage) to save. However, it has a set of Libra style wheels on it. Are there any positive identifying marks somewhere? I do not have any interest in these and will sell them once I determine what I have. I don't want to mislead anyone.post-17702-14150823523183_thumb.jpg

look on the inside of the rim..it should say American Racing.

  • Author

Good info. I will look tomorrow. Am I to understand that the libra was made by american racing? If so, did not know that.......... Still digesting all what I brought home. Lots of correct parts, but as many that are not. 21xxx vin

The true "Libre" was made by American Racing. The same style was quickly copied and offered by several other wheel makers, most notably Shelby, which was branded as "Viper" IIRC.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

My 71 has Shelby vipers , Had all of the center caps as well , until the fateful afternoon of last November when I watched helplessly in the rear view mirror , my rear drivers C cap smash into the median barrier at near 80 . No I drive with the remaining three stored away . I like the look better now .

  • Author

Well these are unmarked and look like the copies in the picture. Either way, I am looking for a home for them. Rumor has it that the classifieds is back to usable so I'll post them over there. They have brand new toyo eclipse 185/70's on them if someone is at all interested. Drop a pm and we can discuss it.

Thanks for the info!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.