IGNORED

Paint ideas

HermanM

So it's been decided. I'm going all Daytona blue, loosing the accents and I will be doing the touch up on the emblems myself. Thanks for all the help and advice everyone!!!

Any hints/ tips for the emblems would be helpful. Like does the chrome paint pen work as well as a chrome dipped emblem?

A thought on your emblems... Go to your local Nissan dealer and buy some new ones.. I don't remember what I paid for mine but they aren't overly expensive.. They are available.. I have the part number if you need it.

By the way, my 260Z is blue as well... Nissan Monterey Blue :)

Called the dealership for emblems, the can only get the hood and truck ones. No 260z logo ones. Found a set on eBay, but I'm curious if I could "fix" mine that have some of the yellow insert missing on them or fully pull the insert off

OK guys, I have to get some new mirrors for my 260 seeing as the ones on don't match. I have narrowed it down to the bullets and the chrome racing style. Both from motorsport and the one reason I have this debate is due to the size and cost of the bullets verse the cheaper racing style.

Please give your input

Racing style: Motorsport! SALE! Chrome Racing Style Mirrors, 70-83 Z/ZX - The Z Store! Nissan-Datsun 240Z-260Z-280Z-280ZX-300ZX(Z31/Z32)-350Z-370Z Parts

I have bullets on my blue 260Z (above) and black racing style on my race cars. I like the look of the bullets better but the racing style works much better.

Chuck

Chuck,

That is the exact dilemma I am in right now LOL. How's field of vision with the bullets? Any potential pics/video?

I haven't driven that car in months but I think the problem I had was that I couldn't rotate the mirror enough to get the correct angle. I think the mirror should have been mounted forward another inch if possible. The car's under cover in the garage but I'll see what I can do. The field of vision is much better with the racing mirrors. But the bullets look really cool to me so I'm glad that I went with them. The bullet's a smaller mirror so it's not going to perform as well. I think I have more pics on facebook. You can maybe see them there or add me as a friend.

Chuck Buczeskie

yeah, I really like the style of the bullets but I was curious if I should pay extra for style and lack of performance. But they look great on your car. The racing ones are just cheaper by the pair and that's my main reason for looking into them