IGNORED

The Answered Prayer.

superj243

I was sitting around thinking and I realized that i have never posted the story of how I acquired my beautiful 10th Anniversary edition 1980 280zx. It started when i was 15 years old, my dad and I was on the desktop searching craigslist for an affordable Jeep Wrangler. (At the time I thought I wanted one.) As we were scrolling through the listings there happened to be a candy apple red 1977 280z. It was love at first sight. I immediately dialed the number listed and scheduled a meeting with the owner at the local QT. That night I got down on my knees and prayed "God please please please let me have a Z car." The next day after school my dad and I met the owner and test drove the car. Needless to say it was a complete peace of junk. The motor rattled, sounded horrible, and the underside of the car was orangish brown with rust. After coming home disappointed I prayed again, this time thanking God for the Z car I knew he was going to give me. The very next Sunday at church my dad found out that one of his friends had a brother that owns Z cars. I got the mans number and called, asked if i could come over and see them, he agreed and I was once again filled with hope. My dad and I went and saw his small collection, and of course I had to ask if he would sell me any of them and to my surprise he said yes! I cant tell you how much I paid but what I can tell you is that It was only a deal that only God himself could of arranged. I bought three yes three 280ZX's! Two of which ran (one being my car) and 3rd car being a parts car. (it had been totaled.) Every time I look at my car it reminds me of how awesome God is and how he really does answer prayers.

• Thanks 1

Jared,

Thanks for sharing your story! It's a good reminder that God does work in our lives, even when we can't see what he's up to. I saved for about a year to buy a Z to restore and just couldn't find one that seemed right. I ended up posting some wanted ads and a guy in Illinois responded to my ad. After meeting the owner and his family and seeing the car in person, we both felt like I should be the new owner. Thanks again and your ZX looks great!

Robert S.