Water Temp Sensor connector - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Water Temp Sensor connector

Featured Replies

I was running through my wire harness today to check and see what connectors need to be cleaned or replaced. Well I found that my water temp sensor one of the wires was completely off of it with only one connected, after pulling it off gently to look at it closer the other wire came off. So my question is how do i pull the connector pins out so i can re connect and solder the wire back in?

  • Author

I don't know if the terms i am using are correct or not. But the clips from the harness that connect to the various sensors, some are two wire and three wire. I need to know how to pull the metal clips out of the plastic piece that pops into the sensor so i can reconnect the wires. I'll try posting a picture.

  • Author
post-27952-14150820279167_thumb.jpg
  • Author

sorry for the poor quality.

It's the same type of connector as used on the injectors, so if you can find a write-up or post on that, it will be the same. I know that Fric Frac has written a tutorial and posted a video over on Hybridz, for installing the upgraded connectors he was selling. I think that you have to slip a small screwdriver or pick down behind the wire to hold a metal clip back, while pushing the pin in, then pull the pin out when the clip is clear

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I would suspect that if this happened to one sensor connector you probably have others that are not much better. I would replace all of them with new connectors and avoid future issues. Just my2 cents

  • Author

yeah its being done, i was checking through all of them and it happened so i was already in the process of checking them all. But new plans are taking shape and i don't think i will need them anymore.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.