IGNORED

its been too long

emccallum

In the mid to late 90's I refreshed my 2/71 240. It turned out pretty good and really haven't done much with it since. I was pretty active with the original List-serv we had and when we swapped to the forum I obviously lost some interest. As my last two posts were in 2004 and 2009! I hope Carl and some of the older guys are still around. I have spent the last decade raising kids, and working. I got away from tinkering with cars. Last fall I got the bug again and ordered a factory five cobra kit car. I spent the winter building it. Kids really enjoyed it. Where is all this going?

Well, my 15 year old and I were messing around Saturday and he asked if the Z still ran. We uncovered it, jumped it off and I spent the rest of the afternoon teaching him how to drive a stick. You can get your license at 15 in SC. He had a blast. We washed the car and cleaned it up. We spent today flushing the radiator, brake fluid and changing the oil. Of course we did some more driving. I have been away a long time from the z community, but it still brought a smile to my face. I was never really happy with my paint job, and it has a few dings from storage. So don't be surprised if I show up this winter with photos of the car completely apart .......again.

If any members are in the upstate SC area and need any parts, help or want to talk z , let me know. Its been a great ride and it ain't over!

Ernest

Hey Ernest! Good to see you found your way back ;)

SC is home for me (Charleston), but being in the service... I've been all over... IN now and down to FL next year.

Carl Beck is still around... I see him pop up in threads pretty often... imparting his wisdom to the masses.

However, If the Carl you remember was Carl Stahlnecker aka: "Bambikiller" then I have some rather sad news for you...

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/thread22113.html

Welcome Back!