Speedo Cable Sleeve - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Speedo Cable Sleeve

Featured Replies

Good morning you all!!! I have a 1978 280Z that the speed cable is not working. I have a new cable, but I think that the sleeve that goes inside the transmission is the wrong one. It has a tranny 5-speed on it. My question is What is the easiest way to identify the transmission model and finding the correct sleeve for the speedo cable?

thanks

Carlos78Z

  • 4 weeks later...

I have pictures and an explanation of different pinions and housings in my HybridZ build thread. You might need a log-in to see the pics.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.