IGNORED

Bosch Fuel Injectors

Montezuma

I have a set of 6 brand new in the box and still wrapped in plastic Bosch 280Z fuel injectors. How much do you think they are worth? I want to list them but cannot find a reference point on pricing them. I will list them in the classified section once I come up with a price. They are listed on Craigslist San Diego, no bites.

They're worth a whole lot more than the $200 you're asking for the set, and I suspect someone will be willing to pay you a fair price! If I recall correctly, at least triple or quadruple that price would be more in line. More accurately than that? I don't know.

Please, nobody throw rocks at me for spoiling such a good deal!

Edited by FastWoman

They're worth a whole lot more than the $200 you're asking for the set, and I suspect someone will be willing to pay you a fair price! If I recall correctly, at least triple or quadruple that price would be more in line. More accurately than that? I don't know.

Well, I'm not sure I'd say 3 or 4 times that - that's crazy high. I know you can buy the set of 6 from MSA for $370. If you got them for free or next to nothing, $200 is a great deal but he's not getting robbed.

I am pretty sure, based on what I've seen, that the specs are the same as the licensed Nissan injectors. The real question (for me anyway) is if Bosch quality is better than Nissan quality.

You can get the Bosch 0280150116 injector from these guys for ~$70 each - http://www.fuelinjector.citymaker.com/catalog/item/7638068/9161583.htm

$420 total

I am pretty sure, based on what I've seen, that the specs are the same as the licensed Nissan injectors. The real question (for me anyway) is if Bosch quality is better than Nissan quality.

You can get the Bosch 0280150116 injector from these guys for ~$70 each - http://www.fuelinjector.citymaker.com/catalog/item/7638068/9161583.htm

$420 total

Those are the exact injectors I have, with this knowledge I will price mine at $350.00. Thanks.

I'm sort of surprised. I bought a set of Bosch injectors for my '75Z back in the early 1980's for something like $65 each -- dealer prices.

It is odd that the price didn't follow inflation, for new injectors. Who knows, maybe mass production benefits of injectors in general, as more cars went fuelie, kept the price down.

It is odd that the price didn't follow inflation, for new injectors. Who knows, maybe mass production benefits of injectors in general, as more cars went fuelie, kept the price down.

For fun, I used an inflation calculator to see today's savings in real dollars -

"What cost $65 in 1984 would cost $134.61 in 2010."

6 x $134.61 = $807.66

http://www.westegg.com/inflation/infl.cgi