IGNORED

Rear 1/4's save em?

Z dreams

Not much left of my parts Z.Most of it is boxed, bagged, and tagged. only the front suspension and rear 1/4's left. My question, are the 1/4's worth saving? The PO had extensive body work done, and they are in great condition, no rust, no dents. If I were to save them where should i cut? Someone Need them?

John

Edited by Z dreams

I second what Grantf says. If you have room, I would keep it until you found a taker - then they could get a precise cut for their purposes - or if they take the whole car-cass;) away, then it is less work for you. I would also consider the Roof as a patch panel as well, so keep this in mind when doing any cutting.

Cut the rear quarters above the c pillar seam and on the inside of the car. The idea is to leave some extra metal so whomever you sell them to can cut them to fit. They are worth anywhere from $300 to $500 each if they are in good shape. Cutting them out isn't as easy as it appears.

Every place I contacted for used 1/4's last year wanted $800.00 plus shipping for clean originals with no body work. It does take a bit of work to remove them and get them ready to ship. Since you are in Mich. it might be worth the effort.

I don't know what you mean by - they are in good shape after extensive body work was done - - - if they are full of bondo, or metal patches - and now they look like they are in good shape - - that's one thing. If they are mostly rust free and in original shape with good metal that's another. So their value may vary with condition.

Gave up on finding good used panels - and went with NOS replacement on the last car I restored last year.

FWIW,

Carl B.

Please, let me clarify what I have here. At some point, a PO had new 1/4 panels put on in an attempt to save the Z. The 1/4's are rust and dent free. Unfortunately they are about the only body parts without rust.