Gas filler door spring....Anyone? - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Gas filler door spring....Anyone?

Featured Replies

Hey folks,

I need the spring that goes on the gas filler door, does anyone know where to buy just the spring....or does anyone here have one they want to sell.

Thanks,

Randy

Send me your street address (to juggs@cfl.rr.com) and I'll get a series 2 gas door out to you, I think the hinge and spring part is the same as series 1.

Mally002, upon closer examination, it doesn't look like the spring is removable. Are 1970 gas doors different than 1972?

  • Author

I'm not really sure, I just noticed today that mine was gone.

I only noticed because when I got gas today the filler door was not closing flush....upon closer inspection I noticed the spring was gone.

If anyone else knows please reply.

IIRC, the 70 and 71 doors are the same as far as the outside goes. However, looking at mine (71), the spring and hinge are the same as the later model door. You might be stuck(?) trying to get a series 1 door arse'y. or (if you're not concerned about originality) using a later model door. Good luck.

Edited by george71z

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Thanks Mike,

Always appreciate these nuggets of information.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.