IGNORED

4th Fairlady Roadster built for sale

24 Ounces

If this is in the wrong place, then EXCUSE ME! (with apologies to Steve Martin). I saw this on Ebay and it was so cool I felt I had to share it with you guys. I had never seen one of these before (and must admit it's pretty funky looking...the later Fairladys were much better looking). It has serial number 4 and might have been the first one imported to the US. I have added a couple of photos because once something expires on Ebay, the link is dead after a couple of weeks and then anyone who opens this after that time won't see anything. BTW, this car was the subject of a Hemmings Motor News article that is inside the link (plus some great additional info). It's being sold by Walter Miller, the famous seller of automotive literature.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1961-Datsun-Fairlady-SPL213-1200-Roadster-FIRST-ONE-EXISTENCE-/370620524114?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item564ab46652

post-23981-14150819241928_thumb.jpg

post-23981-14150819242171_thumb.jpg

post-23981-14150819242434_thumb.jpg

Edited by 24 Ounces
added add'l info.